Monday, November 14, 2011

Not Quite Dead. Quite Dead.

Greetings. Muddy Monday's here, and I've got a ripper!

I was challenged by a brother in Christ in whom I respect greatly regarding my blog statement (now removed - it is at the bottom of the post so you know what it said), and what I said in my introduction video.

I am only publishing the word from my brother, because what I said on another forum, I have said here on this blog.

I tell you honestly, my heart yearns to expound what is true and accurate. I do not want to present another gospel. God forbid that I do! - to think I have misinterpreted the word, and what is more -  presented that error here to my fellow brothers and sisters, truly brings terror into my heart.

My brother's issue was that he cannot agree that we kill, or render inoperative our sin nature by our efforts. These scripture he then brought to my attention.

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ WERE BAPTIZED INTO HIS DEATH?

6:11 LIKEWISE RECKON YE ALSO YOURSELVES TO BE DEAD INDEED UNTO SIN, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

Gal 2:20 I AM CRUCIFIED WITH CHRIST: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Col 2:20 Wherefore IF YE BE DEAD WITH Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
2:21 Touch not; taste not; handle not;
2:22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?

It shocks me to consider that I have given the impression that we can, by our own effort put death to sin.

I confess then, that my brother's need to bring forth these scriptures unto me, sends a strong warning that I am not being clear in what I am saying. For this I am truly sorry and humbled.

If anyone would like to read the discussion you may follow the thread here entitled Are You Quite Dead? I'm Not.

For some home housekeeping closer to home. For this vlog/blog If anyone sees something that they don't think is right according to the scripture, you MUST tell me, and then present scripture that supports your concern. I will not  bow down to a man or women's opinion alone, I will however bow to God through scripture. Scripture in context. I am not interested in scripture used out of context. Indeed If you find that I'M using scripture out of context. I need to know that too. =)

A caution - if you feel the need to pull me up on something. I will listen, but if you  present your concern in a way that brings life to Law, then I will not have it! So that is to say - in harsh judgement and condemnation. I want to promote 'truth in love' here on the vlog/blog. I will not be pummeled.

Thank you for your attention.

Blessings to you all.

PS: From tomorrow forward I will not rush to try and have something to post everyday. In my haste I may not adequately and thoroughly research content I present. This is too dangerous.

This was my blog statement...

ISSAC LAY OBEDIENTLY ON THE ALTER HIS FATHER ABRAHAM HAD SET UP FOR HIS sacrifice. I'm on the alter too, but I can't stay still! I strain my neck hoping to find a ram stuck in the brambles behind me. When I don't see one I climb off the alter and walk away, but I don't get far. I start walking back.

I'm not quite dead, but I want to be, so that Christ can be alive in me and at full capacity.


Boy o boy this has been a rather exhausting day, spiritually. I hope I haven't overloaded you guys. But like I say in the my blog description on the Faithful Bloggers list I want this to be an honest blog/vlog.


No comments:

Post a Comment